Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast.
GMC Charleston, SC has an opening for an Architecture Associate to become part of a talented team of design professionals working on a variety of projects in the public and private sector markets. This is an opportunity to build a career path with a group of talented and creative professionals dedicated to a design practice that works to deliver excellence in design, technological advancement, and client service.
Transformative architecture emanates from engagement with the unique circumstances of purpose and place. We strive to inspire and engage people through our work, and go to great lengths to partner with our clients in achieving their objectives.
We are looking for a motivated and thoughtful individual who is seeking a team that will grow with them, and collaborate together in the successful delivery of our services.
· Energy, Enthusiasm, Self-motivated.
· Collaborative, committed to Professional Growth.
· Embraces relationship between Creativity and Technology.
· Respects others, is adaptable, dependable, and delivers on commitments.
· Proficient in Revit Architecture, and other design practice oriented software.
· Ability to assess challenges quickly, and render timely decisions that are thorough and accurate.
· Broad knowledge of architectural principles and practices, and proven ability to apply them.
· Ability to function effectively within multi-disciplinary teams.
· Ability to work on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects and meet deadlines.
· Understanding of entire project process-development/scoping, design, and construction.
· Assigns tasks to and directs architects, staff and administrators.
· Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of the architectural work.
· Independently performs assignments with instructions as to the general results expected.
· Demonstrates leadership skills and continuous improvement with decision making, time management and delegation.
· Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture from a NAAB accredited architectural program.
· Internship / Co-Op experince Desired.
· Strong communication skills – demonstrated ability to listen to others, and clear/ concise verbal/ written skills.
· Must be a self-starter, team player and able to establish good working relationships with clients, consultants, contractors, and team members.
· Job site travel as needed per project.
· Meetings with clients, jurisdictional agencies, community groups, consultants, product reps.
This job description is not intended to represent a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for this job. All of these practice related activities may change at any time.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.