Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast.GMC has an opening for an Office Administrator to support on-going projects in Charleston, SC office. The Office Administrator performs at a high level in support of the professional operation and efficiency of the GMC Augusta office. Working collaboratively, the incumbent will work to create and maintain a collegial work environment and ensure organizational effectiveness, communication and efficiency.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Augusta office, either through telephone, email, or face to face;
- Coordinate in-house or off-site staff meetings, activities, outreach opportunities, networking events, and celebrations;
- Coordinate the stock of supplies and equipment for day-to-day office operations;
- Serve as general administrative support to the Augusta Office Leader and the Augusta GMC Team as directed by the Augusta Office Leader;
- Assist with Augusta-led marketing and business development activities including proposals, presentations and involvement in the community;
- Provide quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) support in the review of documents, plans, contracts, and deliverables; and
- Maintain communication and coordination between Augusta and other GMC offices as necessary, especially in the areas of administration, marketing and business development.
• 2 to 3 years’ experience in an administrative role
• Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, PowePoint)
• Great verbal and written communications skills
• Understanding and ability to read/analyze contracts and proposals
• Must be very organized and detail oriented
• Local to Charleston, SC
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.