Geotechnical Engineering Technician
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast.
Goodwyn, Mills & Cawood, Inc. is seeking a Geotechnical Engineering Technician for our Mobile, AL office. This is an opportunity to utilize experience within the engineering industry.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Technicians will perform site observations of earthwork, utility backfill, excavations, foundation construction in addition to construction material testing and special inspections
- Technicians will collect samples and perform tests to monitor compliance with construction specifications.
- Daily tasks include traveling to job sites using company vehicles and interacting with Design Team, Building Officials, Contractors and Clients
- Complete technical reports
- Coordinate with Project Managers providing constant communication when on site
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Clear Driving Record
Addition Qualifications a Plus:
- ACI field concrete testing
- Radiation safety certification
- Construction Experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- ICC Special Inspection Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.