Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast.
GMC is seeking a Site/Civil Engineer to join our Nashville, TN team and provide support on site development projects. This individual will serve as a technical designer on site development projects in Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia and Kentucky.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing technical engineering design for site development projects, including grading, stormwater, drainage, LID, and utility design.
- Developing necessary deliverables (engineering calculations, technical specifications, cost estimates, schedules, etc.) as required for each phase of a project.
- Employing appropriate design methods in all work to meet relevant standards.
- Conducting QA/QC of project documents to ensure accuracy of data, information, & calculations.
- Communicating with team members with promptness, care, and attention to detail.
- Developing project schedules, applying for and obtaining permits and AHJ approvals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil Engineering
- 4-7 years of experience in site development
- Local candidate or willingness to relocate to Nashville, TN
- Registered PE license in Tennessee
- Substantial technical background and experience in site development, detention, and Low Impact Development (LID) design
- Strong communications skills
- Working knowledge of technical specifications
- Software knowledge: Microsoft Office, Civil 3D, AutoCAD, Hydro CAD
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.