Interior Architect / Interior Designer
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) Tampa, FL has an opening for an Interior Architect / Interior Designer to become part of a talented team of design professionals working on a variety of projects including Multi-Family Residential, Affordable Housing, Community Planning, Hospitality, Hotels, Healthcare, Public buildings, K-12, Sports Facilities. This is an opportunity to build a career path with a group of creative and socially responsible design professionals dedicated to an architecture/interiors practice that sets new standards of excellence in design, technological advancement, and environmental stewardship.
Transformative architecture is born from deep engagement with the unique circumstances of purpose and place. We have established core values of delivering design excellence that inspires and engages people, incorporating creativity, originality, functionality, and technology. These core values allow us to challenge convention and explore new ways of building thru innovative use of materials, structures, and technical systems to create spaces people love. We work side-by-side with our clients to create buildings and spaces that embody these core values and expand creative possibility.
GMC strives to perform projects, responsibly, professionally, competently, sustainably, timely, profitably, and just as importantly creatively and innovatively that allows our team, our clients, and our community to think and act far beyond that which we have been doing before. We are looking for a motivated and thoughtful individual who would like to help us achieve these goals.
• Boundless Energy
• Infectious Enthusiasm
• Fearless Initiative
• Collaborative Spirit
• Committed to Excellence
• Dedicated to Leadership Development
• Seizes Opportunity
• Pushes the Boundaries of Creativity
• Embraces Technology
• Promotes Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
• Adapts to Changing Situations Easily
• Strives To Be the Best You Can Be
• Proficient in Revit Architecture, and other software design and production programs.
• Ability to assess challenges quickly, and render timely decisions that are thorough and accurate.
• Broad knowledge of interior design principles and practices, and proven ability to apply them.
• Ability to function effectively within multi-disciplinary teams.
• Ability to work on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects and meet deadlines
• Understanding of entire project process-development/scoping, design, and construction.
• Provides Interior Design Leadership on important projects.
• Ability to design a complete Interiors project, system component or process.
• Prepares complete Interiors project documents.
• Analyzes and interprets data, and formulates and solves problems.
• Understands economic and decision analysis principals for interiors projects including financial, regulatory and environmental issues.
• Assigns tasks to and directs interiors staff, production support and administrators.
• Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of the Interior Design work.
• Prepares scopes, budgets, and schedules for assignments.
• Works with marketing staff to prepare proposals to provide Interior Design services
• Receives general direction on objectives.
• Receives guidance and discusses options to address unconventional or complex problems.
• Independently performs assignments with instructions as to the general results expected.
• Interacts with clients, customers, officials, contractors, and others.
• Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of architectural assignment.
• Demonstrates leadership skills and continuous improvement with decision making, time management and delegation.
• Bachelor of Science degree in interior design or an Architecture degree from a NAAB accredited architectural program
• 7+ of years of relevant professional experience
• Licensed to practice interior design in Florida or Interior Design Associate currently tracking to become licensed in Interior Design
• Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel & Project – and the ability to quickly learn and apply a variety of design and production software programs
• Strong communication skills – demonstrate ability to listen, write, and communicate effectively
• Must be a self-starter, team player and able to establish good working relationships with clients, consultants, contractors, team members, and other employees
• Local job site travel as needed per project
• Meetings with clients, jurisdictional agencies, community groups, consultants, product reps
• Project presentations and short list interviews across Florida
• Professional and Industry Conferences
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for these positions. Practice related activities may change at any time with or without notice. Thats what makes it so much fun and unceasingly interesting!!
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteransAbout GMC
GMC is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeastern United States. We are a regional firm with national experience located in 22 cities throughout Alabama, Louisiana, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee. We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference in everything we do.
Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals, and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational principle of “Building Communities” a concept that supports the ideal that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity, and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC’s network of 22 offices is equipped to provide a variety of services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying, and disaster recovery.
Our Mission Statement is not just a firm directive but a blueprint for the cultural principles that guide us every day to strive to improve the quality of life in our communities:
"We believe in community, collaboration and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference - in our hearts, homes, city, nation and world. We believe in hope, progress, beauty, and big ideas. We believe that people like us, need us. We are not just an engineering firm. We are not just architects. We are artists, designers, thinkers, doers, makers, and storytellers dedicated to doing great work, for good. We partner with passionate and like-minded individuals, businesses, organizations, and causes that have aggressive hopes and goals for tomorrow and beyond. Dreaming big is the only way to make big dreams come true, and we know that our solutions can only be as great as the people we serve. Communities are built by people, not companies. And it is that foundational concept that drives how we approach every project, big or small. Because it’s the passion and drive of individuals that feeds the growth and development of what’s next. Together, we will be smart. We will be relevant. We will be meaningful. We will be kind, supportive, enthusiastic and – at the very least – the very best we can be. We are – and will continue to be – a collaborative organization driven by the power of building better, happier, healthier, thriving communities. And we are committed to working with folks who share our vision for realizing their full potential, because we know that great engineering and architecture helps make communities better, for everyone."