Aviation Project Manager
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast.
GMC has an opening for Aviation Project Manager to support on-going projects in our Lexington, KY office. The primary duty of the Aviation Engineer Project Manager is to manage aviation engineering projects, including the scoping, design, schedule, budgets, resources, quality control, and client relations.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Perform engineering calculations and analysis for aviation and civil designs at general and regional aviation facilities utilizing Kentucky Department of Aviation (KDA) and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) design specifications.
- Serve as the primary point-of-contact for clients, including project planning, scoping, scheduling, and funding coordination; facility and project planning; subcontracting, funding application; and coordination with KDA and FAA.
- Lead the project team to provide deliverables and services on-time, within budget, and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Prepare design documents, exhibits, and report appendices utilizing MicroStation/Open-Road design software and associated software. Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D is also considered a beneficial resource for design/production platforms corporate-wide.
- Maintain quality control and assurance measures per GMC’s standards and requirements and provide oversight in development and production of project drawings, specifications, documents, and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or an engineering-related field
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration in Alabama is required (or the ability to acquire in 6 months)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with:
- Aviation or civil engineering experience
- FAA/ALDOT aviation related projects
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Outlook Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, prepare reports, documents and correspondence related to the work.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Valid driver's license as occasional travel is required, often driving to project sites located outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- 0 – 25%
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.