Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast.
GMC has openings for Site/Civil EIT in the Nashville, TN office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Producing engineering documents for design of site development projects.
- Performing calculations related to stormwater quality, overland flows, and retention/detention.
- Preparing reports and technical memorandums with oversight from the Engineer-of-Record.
- Coordinating between and managing entities such as clients, architects, subcontractors, and governing agencies.
- Assisting in management of projects under construction.
- Performing organizational tasks to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team.
- Providing support to GMC engineers as needed.
- Local to GMC’s Nashville, TN office (permanent remote work is not currently an option)
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) from an accredited engineering program in civil engineering or biosystems engineering with emphasis in site design.
- Able to perform work-related travel and possessing a valid driver’s license.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Previous engineering experience is preferred (internship, etc.).
- Completion of FE exam preferred
Pay & Benefits:
This position will be compensated based on the candidate’s experience and provided a working space and office computer. Moving stipends may be offered based on the candidate’s situation.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.