Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast, with offices located throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
GMC has an opening for a Water/Wastewater EIT in the Nashville, TN office.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting the GMC Nashville water/wastewater engineering team in each phase of project delivery for new plants, plant improvements, expansions, and/or upgrades:
- Study phase: Collecting, preparing, and assessing data from existing water/wastewater plants (making site visits as needed); writing reports for facility assessment and improvement recommendation); preparing cost estimates.
- Design phase: Supporting the development and completion of drawings & specifications.
- Construction phase: Assisting in management of projects under construction.
- Performing organizational tasks to improve the efficiency & effectiveness of the engineering team.
- Providing support to GMC engineers.
- Local to GMC’s Nashville, TN office (permanent remote work is not currently an option)
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) from an accredited engineering program in Civil or Environmental Engineering.
- Able to perform work-related travel and possessing a valid driver’s license.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and CAD; eager to learn and use other softwares/programs.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Previous engineering experience is preferred (e.g. engineering internship).
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.