Aviation Engineer Intern
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast, with offices located throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Tennessee.
GMC has an opening for Aviation Engineering Intern to support on-going projects throughout the southeast in Montgomery, AL office. In this position your duties will include providing assistance to a team of planners, helping the collect and prepare data for various planning projects, and assisting staff at meetings. Furthermore, the planning intern may conduct fieldwork, perform calculations, and web searches of federal/state/local records. Additional duties including, presenting findings at community meetings, researching funding sources, and writing reports and the below:
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Provides support to a team of community planners
- Assists staff in collecting and preparing data for various planning projects
- Conducts field work and searches of federal/state/local records
- Prepares planning reports of limited or variable complexity
- Produces sketches and renderings of limited or variable complexity
- Assists planning staff at community meetings
- Presents report findings at community meetings
- Researches funding sources and writes grant proposals
- Conducts basic office functions as needed, such as data entry and file management
- Pursuing Bachelors in Aviation
- Basic understanding of planning principles
- Specific knowledge relating to aviation, airport design, airport operations and management, etc.
- Competency in various computer software programs, such as Microsoft Office and Internet
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Motivated self‐starter able to work independently
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Flexibility and desire to work on varying aviation planning projects
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We are a regional firm with national experience throughout the Southeastern United States. We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.