Civil Engineering Intern
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast, with offices located throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and Tennessee.
GMC has an opening for a Civil Engineering Intern (Water / Wastewater) to support on-going projects in the Daphne, AL office.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Collecting, preparing, and assessing data from existing plants for use in design development or performance evaluation.
- Supporting in development and completion of design drawings and specifications for new plants, plant improvements, expansions, and/or upgrades.
- Assisting in management of projects under construction.
- Performing office management and organizational tasks to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the team
- Providing support to GMC engineers as needed
- Local to GMC’s Daphne, AL office
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) from an accredited engineering program (civil or environmental engineering) and having completed junior year of study
- Able to perform work-related travel and possessing a valid driver’s license
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Previous internship experience is preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.