Project Manager - Architect
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast.GMC is actively seeking a full-time Architect Project Manager in our Greenville, SC office who is experienced in Commercial, Educational, and Higher Education work. Must have a professional degree, Bachelor of Architecture or Masters of Architecture degree from an accredited university and have 8 plus years’ experience.
The primary role of the Architect Project Manager is to manage assigned architectural projects through preliminary design, construction document production, bidding and construction to ensure that the client’s goals are satisfied on time and within budget while obtaining project internal profitability goals. He or she serves as the primary contact for project assignments ensuring clear and concise information flow.
· A Project Architect must have the ability to lead small projects independently, and significant portions of large projects,
with minimal supervision
· The ability to partner with clients to understand their vision for the project and to physically manifest
those ideas in your designs
· The ability to graphically represent your ideas through renderings or other forms of visualizations
· Thorough knowledge of how to assemble a set of construction documents and specifications
· The ability to lead a team of individuals to successfully complete a project
· Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture from an accredited architectural program
· 5+ of years of relevant experience
· Architect registered in SC or completed NCARB Program
· Proficient in Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office
· We are looking for talented designers that can effectively communicate their ideas to their peers and clients
· Must be a self-starter, team player, and able to establish good working relationships with clients,
consultants, contractors, team members, and other employees
· Strong presentation / public speaking skills
· Ability to balance multiple projects and meet deadlines
· Ability to adapt with changing business needs
Local job site travel as needed per project. Our projects are generally located within a 3-hour drive of the office. Overnight trips are uncommon.
All employees must comply with our employee handbook, which can be provided upon request.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.