ARCHITECTURAL ASSOCIATE / ARCHITECT
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast.GMC is looking to expand our studio in Columbia, SC. We are seeking an Architectural Associate or Architect to contribute to our team’s continued success. We foster an environment built around personal growth and development. We also shape our office around the talented people that we hire. This creates a place where individuals can grow at the rate the are capable of growing, with the support of the team around them. As a member of our architectural staff, you will work on a wide range of project types and assist project teams toward the successful completion of the project. We believe in continuity of involvement, which means that you will be involved in projects from start to finish. We feel that this is the best way to serve our clients and to build up our staff.
· As a member of our architectural staff, you must have the ability to contribute to project teams in a variety of ways,
including design, project documentation, presentation materials, and other needs
· This position will come with varied levels of experience. We offer a supportive work environment and we will help you
to learn and grow in the areas that you are not yet proficient
· We are looking for individuals who take ownership of the tasks they have been asked to complete
· The ability to partner with clients to understand their vision for the project and to physically manifest those ideas in
· The ability to graphically represent your ideas through renderings or other forms of visualizations
· General knowledge of how to assemble a set of construction documents and specifications under the direction of others
· Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture from an accredited architectural program
· Prior work experience is preferred
· Proficient in Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and Microsoft Office
· We are looking for talented designers that can effectively communicate their ideas to their peers and clients
· Must be a self-starter, team player, and able to establish good working relationships with clients,
consultants, contractors, team members, and other employees
· Strong presentation / public speaking skills
· Ability to adapt with changing business needs
Local job site travel as needed per project. Our projects are generally located within a 3-hour drive of the office.
Overnight trips are uncommon.
All employees must comply with our employee handbook, which can be provided upon request.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.