Electrical Engineering Intern / Co-Op
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast.
GMC has an opening for an Electrical Engineering Intern / Co-Op to support on-going projects in the Andalusia, AL; Auburn, AL; Birmingham, AL; Daphne, AL; Eufaula, AL; Huntsville, AL; Mobile, AL; Montgomery, AL; Vernon, AL; Pensacola, FL; Sarasota, FL; Tampa, FL; Atlanta, GA; Augusta, GA; Savannah, GA; New Orleans, LA; Charlotte, NC; Columbia, SC; Charleston, SC; Greenville, SC; Franklin, TN, and Nashville, TN offices. This position will be expected to work closely with Engineers across our footprint on projects. These projects can vary widely in nature from a simple booster pump station to a complex treatment plant project.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Participating in project pursuits and/or interviews
- Knowledge of building, energy, and electrical codes to generate construction documents
- Construction Administration experience with the skill to resolve conflicts and issues
- Ability to perform assessments of existing buildings
- Lighting Design/photometrics experience a plus
- Pursing Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Working knowledge with AutoCAD (REVIT a plus)
- Specific experience with designing Motor Control Centers is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with LEED Certified Projects and passion for Sustainability (LEED Accredited) is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.