Office Manager / Coordinator
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast.
GMC is seeking an Office Coordinator to join our Georgia team in Savannah, GA. The Office Coordinator performs at a high level in support of the professional operation and efficiency of the GMC office. Working collaboratively to create and maintain a collegial work environment and ensure organizational effectiveness, communication and efficiency. While GMC does offer a flexible work space where a successful applicant may occasionally work from home, this job does require weekly attendance in the Savannah GMC office. Either a full-time or part-time position with flexible work hour needs will be considered for the successful applicant.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Serve as the first point of contact for the Savannah office, either through telephone, email, or face to face;
- Plan in-house or off-site staff meetings, activities, outreach opportunities, networking events, and celebrations;
- Serve as general administrative support to the Environmental Vice President and the Savannah GMC Team;
- Coordinate the stock of supplies and equipment for day-to-day office operations;
- Assist with marketing and business development activities including proposals and presentations;
- Identify and coordinate GMC’s relationships in the greater Savannah community including chambers of commerce, professional associations and sponsorship opportunities;
- Assist technical staff with organization and participation in client-related public education and community engagement activities;
- Provide quality assurance and quality control (QA/QC) support in the review of documents, plans, contracts, and deliverables; and
- Maintain communication and coordination between Savannah and other GMC offices as necessary, especially in the areas of administration, human resources, corporate communications, marketing and business development.
- Undergraduate Degree, Associate Degree, or Technical degree (3-5 years of similar experience may be substituted for a degree)
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Software knowledge: Microsoft Office
- Some familiarity with architecture, planning, landscape architecture or engineering is desired but not required.
- Experience with event coordination, networking, and/or business development/ marketing is preferable
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.