Architect – Healthcare
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast.
GMC has an opening for Architect – Healthcare support on-going projects in Nashville, TN office. Architect will be expected to manage clients, pursue work, contribute to design, manage projects' schedules, budgets, daily objectives and team members.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- The Architect or Senior Architect will also be responsible for developing solutions to technical problems
- Understanding of design, trends, construction methodology, materials application and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness
- Prepare and oversee the preparation of concept, schematic design, design development and construction documents
- Prepare project specifications
- Develop and/or oversee the development of design concepts into complete design development set and further advance into complete construction drawings
- Oversee material research and compilation of project data and incorporation throughout the project
- Assist with the timely submittal of drawings to the appropriate authorities having jurisdiction
- Participate with the project team to understand/establish project goals and objectives including workplan, project schedules, budget parameters, while ensuring the highest product quality
- Attend construction meetings and make periodic site observation visits as required
- Review and understand applicable building codes and other standards
- Prepare zoning and building code analysis and review
- Professional degree in architecture from an accredited architectural program
- 5-10 years of experience
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCad, PowerPoint, MS Word, Excel
- Management and marketing skills
- Architect registered in Georgia preferred or completed NCARB Program
- LEED accredited professional preferred
- Valid driver's license
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.