Engineering Designer (Site Civil)
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast, with offices located throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, South Carolina and Tennessee.
GMC has an opening for Engineering Designer (Site Civil) to support on-going projects in Atlanta, GA office. This position will be involved in all stages of design and construction and will assist project managers in producing documents and managing the projects. Applicant should be well organized and able to work within a design system, ready to grow quickly into project management, and a good communicator willing and able to network with outside consultants to assist in driving the project.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Prepare site plan and site grading documents for commercial and residential developments using AutoCAD Civil3D software
- Development of Erosion Sediment Control plans for commercial, industrial and residential projects
- Utility layout and design in AutoCAD Civil3D pipe networks for development projects
- Research municipal zoning and development code, design options and document findings
- Prepare plan quantity estimates for client uses
- Perform calculations and analysis using fundamental engineering formulas
- Preparation of letter reports and project correspondence
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to coordinate work with professional engineers, surveyors, survey field personnel, architects, city code enforcement officials and construction crews
- 2+ Years of relevant (civil) experience
- BSCE degree or AS Degree (Design / Drafting Preferred)
- EIT Preferred
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience required
- Working knowledge of A&E work standards, processes, and policies
- Experience with site development layout and design, utility layout and design, hydrology, and stormwater management
- Understanding of the tasks associated with the preparation of construction documents
- 20+% Field travel
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.