Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast, with offices located throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, South Carolina and Tennessee.
GMC has an opening for Electrical Engineer to support on-going projects in Greenville, SC office. This position will be expected to have an immediate impact by taking charge of design responsibilities for projects. These projects can vary widely in nature from a simple booster pump station to a complex treatment plant project. You will be expected to work closely with other Engineers across our footprint as well as outside technical consultants to produce a quality design.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Participating in project pursuits and/or interviews
- Knowledge of building, energy, and electrical codes to generate construction documents
- Construction Administration experience with the skill to resolve conflicts and issues
- Ability to perform assessments of existing buildings
- Lighting Design/photometrics experience a plus
- Experience with LEED Certified Projects and passion for Sustainability (LEED Accredited a plus)
- Mentoring staff
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering
- Professional Engineering License is a must and willing to become registered in additional states
- Minimum 7-10 years of professional experience in design of power distribution and controls for municipal type projects including water and wastewater treatment plant facilities
- Prepare and develop project narratives, cost estimates, plans, and specifications
- Generating and evaluating design options from the earliest stages of a project
- Overseeing and performing project work in all phases
- Providing drawing coordination and technical oversight for project activities with clients, staff, and consultants
- Performing site observations, reviewing shop drawings and material submittals and other related construction administration tasks
- Proficiency with AutoCAD (REVIT a plus)
- Specific experience with designing Motor Control Centers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Past experience designing water and wastewater projects is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.