Survey CAD Technician
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast.
GMC is seeking an experienced survey CAD technician to be located in our Pensacola, FL office. The position requires a general understanding of field survey measurements and data acquisition, proficient capabilities in computer aided drafting and the ability to work closely with a project team.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Assist project surveyor and survey manager with the information necessary to commence field surveys and/or construction staking
- Research, understand and re-create property data from records and/or previous surveys (deeds, plats, etc.)
- Verify the survey field data meets company standard procedures and quality for the project scope
- Use AutoCAD Civil 3D to produce project drawings, digital terrain models and final deliverable documents based on company field to finish procedures and CAD standards
- Organize and maintain project files to company protocol and standards for current and future use
- Meet and understand critical deadlines through efficient time management and effective communication
- Associate’s or bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- 5+ Years of relevant experience
- Ability to receive general direction on assignments, effectively communicate with a project team, thoroughly complete assignments independently and receive review from project leads
- Understanding of the Public Land Survey System, boundary, topographic, ALTA surveys, subdivision platting, property descriptions, easement exhibits, rights of way and utility mapping
- Extensive experience and capabilities with survey databases, auto-linework and survey figures in AutoCAD Civil 3D for surveys and design-based projects
- The ability of produce final project documents (printed plats/maps and electronic files)
- Understands design plans and can produced the necessary data for construction layout and staking
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- General knowledge of field survey software, MicroStation and GIS are preferred but not required
- Survey field experience is preferred but not required
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.