Survey Field Technician
GMC is seeking Survey Field Technicians and/or crew leaders for full-time employment in our Daphne, Alabama office. We are looking for individuals who are team-oriented, self-motivated, hungry to learn, reliable and possess interpersonal skills. This is an excellent career opportunity for an individual wishing to expand their knowledge of surveying.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Capable of working outdoors on a daily basis
- Working knowledge of robotic total stations, GPS equipment, Topcon Magnet and/or Trimble Access field data collection software
- Experience in boundary topographic, as-built, construction layout and quality control surveys related to modeling and design of land development, utility and roadway infrastructure
- Work in a team environment and on occasion also be willing to work independently
- Follow prescribed safety practices for land surveying
- High school diploma/GED required with preference for an Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in land surveying, engineering, or related field
- 3 - 5 years of land surveying experience
- Ability to work extended hours, including Saturdays, and ability to travel out of town for periods of time (occasional travel within the region may be required)
- Ability to obtain access and clearance to government facilities
- Must have a valid driver’s license and an acceptable motor vehicle record
- Individual must pass a drug screening and a company background check
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast, with offices located throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina and Tennessee. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.