Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast, with offices located throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, South Carolina and Tennessee.
GMC has an opening for Project Architect to support on-going projects in Savannah, GA. This position will be overseeing timely and profitable completion of one or more projects, and work of the project team, consult with clients, participate in design, technical decisions, and the preparation of contract documents.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Ability to assess challenges quickly, and render timely decisions that are thorough and accurate.
- Broad general knowledge of architectural principles and practices, and proven ability to apply them.
- Ability to function effectively within multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to work on multiple projects of moderate size or portions of major projects.
- Understanding of entire project process-development/scoping, design, and construction.
- Provides Architectural Leadership on important projects.
- Ability to design a complete project, system component or process.
- Prepares complete project documents.
- Analyzes and interprets data, and formulates and solves problems.
- Understands economic and decision analysis principals in area including financial, regulatory and environmental issues.
- Proficient in Revit Architecture, and complementary design tools.
- Assigns tasks to and directs architects, technicians and administrative staff.
- Plans and coordinates detailed aspects of the architectural work.
- Prepares scopes, budgets and schedules for assignments.
- Assists with proposals to provide professional services or obtains funding for architectural projects or programs.
- Receives general direction on objectives.
- Receives guidance when necessary on unconventional or complex problems.
- Independently performs most assignments with instructions as to the general results expected.
- Interacts with clients, customers, officials, contractors and others.
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of architectural assignment.
- Demonstrates leadership skills and continuous improvement with decision making, time management and delegation.
- Bachelor of Architecture or Master of Architecture from an accredited architectural program
- 3+ of years of relevant experience
- Architect registered in GA or completed NCARB Program
- Proficient in Revit, AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel & Project
- Must be able to listen and communicate effectively
- Must be a self-starter, team player and able to establish good working relationships with clients, consultants, contractors, team members, and other employees
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to adapt with changing business needs
- Local job site travel as needed per project
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.