Vice President of Engineering
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast, with offices located throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, South Carolina and Tennessee.
GMC has an opening for Vice President of Engineering - Georgia to grow our business, provide leadership and technical direction for the professional engineering services division across Georgia.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Leadership of the Georgia Engineering team which includes water, wastewater and site civil engineering.
- Relationship development with current and future clients
- Mentor young engineers on the Georgia team and recruit other talent
- Responsible for revenue and profit of the Georgia Engineering team
- Talent Recruitment plan to be developed with EVP & RVP, anticipated needs
- Create a team culture of enthusiasm, quality work and collaboration
- Key member of the GMC Engineering Leadership team - informed of new developments and requirements affecting the organization for the purpose of recommending changes in programs or applications
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering with 15+ Years of relevant experience
- PE or EIT licensure preferred
- Experience supporting AE or EPC firm
- Ability to plan, develop, and direct engineering projects varying in size and complexity
- Creative problem-solving ability
- Capable verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as lead and work in multi-disciplinary teams
- Ability to gather information from and convey technical conclusions to individuals in engineering, business, and industry
- Experience with AutoCAD
- Established experience in Georgia and/ or industry experience and willing to relocate
- As required per project or client / project
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.