Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast.GMC has an opening for a Senior Inspector to support on-going transportation projects in our Montgomery, Alabama office. The inspector will be supporting construction projects with reporting quantities, completing required daily documentation and assuring the contractors are abiding by the specifications required by the contract and the governing body.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Document inspection findings related to projects and compliance
- Thorough understanding of construction plans and construction methods
- Experience with testing and quantifying
- Ability to complete required close-out documentation
- BS degree in civil engineering with 4+ years of experience in road related construction inspection or 8 years of road related construction inspection experience without a degree
- Ability to use computer and mobile devices to complete required documents related to projects
- Possess or have the ability to obtain ALDOT Certified Concrete Technician and Certified Roadway Technician
- Asphalt Tech 1 or 2, QCI, etc. certification(s) is a plus.
- Ability to do some travel with over-night stays if the project requires
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- This will be “in-field” position on the road. Will require some overnight travel.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.