Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast.GMC has an opening for Aviation Designer to support on-going projects in Augusta, GA, Atlanta, GA or Savannah, GA office. The primary duty of the Aviation Designer is to support production on aviation engineering projects, including all aspects associated to include Engineering support to scoping, design, schedule, budgets, resources, quality control, and client relations, as called upon.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Perform engineering calculations, analysis, and support to Project Manager for aviation and civil designs at general and regional aviation facilities utilizing Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) design guides and specifications.
- Coordinate and support the project team to provide deliverables and services on-time, within budget, and to the client’s satisfaction.
- Prepare design documents, exhibits, and report appendices utilizing MicroStation and Open-Road’s design software as a beneficial resource for design/production platforms corporate-wide.
- Maintain quality control and assurance measures per GMC’s standards and requirements and provide technical assistance in development and production of project drawings, specifications, documents, and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in civil engineering or an engineering-related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with:
- Aviation or civil engineering experience
- FAA/GDOT aviation related projects
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Outlook Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, documents and correspondence related to the work.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Valid driver's license as occasional travel is optional, often driving to project sites located outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
- 0 – 25%
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.