Site Civil Engineer
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast, with offices located throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina and Tennessee.
GMC has an opening for Site Civil Engineer to support on-going projects in Greenville, SC office. This position will manage projects, prepare reports, site plans, permit documents, construction schedules, and studies as assigned.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Prepare reports, plans, construction schedules, and studies as assigned.
- Ability to apply technical skills to routine projects with minimal supervision.
- Can direct technicians for production of engineering documents for routine projects accurately and efficiently.
- Visit construction sites to observe progress and to determine general conformance to engineering plans and specifications.
- Executes cross discipline checks and coordination.
- Reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
- Recognizes and reports risk management issues to Project Engineer as appropriate.
- Current experience of 0 - 24 months after graduation.
- Engineering Licensure is an obvious objective.
- Builds on technical foundations with expectation to make significant contributions to the team efforts for the benefit of the client.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Civil Engineering from ABET accredited university
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD software. Experience with Civil3D is preferred
- Foundations of Engineering Certificate (EIT) preferred but not required
- FIELD (20%) AND OFFICE (80%)
- This position requires work to be performed in an office environment and in the field. Work done in the field may consist of exposure to various types of weather and temperatures. Engineers may also be exposed to pollutants, chemicals, insects, and possibly water-borne pathogens, Employees are required to wear appropriate protective clothing and gear when performing fieldwork.
We are a regional firm with national experience located in 22 offices throughout the Southeastern United States. We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.