Land Surveying Student Intern
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is looking for Land Surveying Interns to collaborate in a multidisciplinary design and land surveying environment in our Daphne, Mobile, Montgomery, and Birmingham, Alabama offices. Interns will have the opportunity to gain experience in the various methods of survey data collection, processing & analysis, construction staking and property boundary principles for various project types, both public and private.
Under the supervision and direction of the Survey Managers and project team leaders, responsibilities include:
- Assist in field measurements, notes and survey data collection through Robotic Total Stations, GPS Receivers and/or Drones
- Review of construction drawings and plans associated with construction staking and layout.
- Assist in construction staking and layout.
- Assist in public land records research for property deeds, subdivision plats and right of way maps through on-line platforms, GIS, Probate Court, County and State resources.
- Assist in Subsurface Engineering data acquisition and location request for utilities.
- Assist in data processing, analysis, calculations through various survey software applications and AutoCAD Civil 3D.
- Review project deliverables with the Professional in responsible charge.
• Enrolled in school to obtain an Associate or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in Land Survey/Geomatics/Geospatial/GIS (Comparable degree programs to be considered on a case-by-case basis)
• Ability to work outdoors on a regular basis
• Ability to lift 40 pounds
• Willingness to work in both the field and office on projects
• Eagerness to learn
• Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
• Familiarity with the following:
- Total Stations
- Deferential Levels
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.
Apply for this position