Construction Field Inspector
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast.
GMC has an opening for Construction Field Inspector to support on-going projects in Nashville, TN office for Airport Development projects.
Essential functions and responsibilities include:
- Observe and inspect construction work and prepare daily inspection reports. Duties include oversight of daily construction work including earthwork, aggregate base courses, rigid or flexible pavements and erosion control measures.
- Observe construction work in progress to ensure conformance with specifications and contract documents. Review coordinated sets of working drawings and analyze shop drawings where applicable. Maintain daily reports and record testing related to the job’s requirements. Refer and report problems and deviations from plans and specifications to management.
- Determine if field conditions require a change to the construction contract.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that could include evenings and/or nights during peak construction times as the construction schedule may dictate.
- Track and record as-built information for incorporation into project record drawings.
- Communicate with the project team throughout construction process.
- Demonstrate strong project organization skills.
- Ability to demonstrate good interpersonal skills. Ability to work independently. Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented, as well as communicate information and ideas in speaking and writing.
- Travel and overnight stays will be necessary as most projects are located in the Mid and Eastern Tennessee and Kentucky service areas. While, respondents will report to Project Managers in the Franklin, Tennessee Office, area residency is not a requirement.
- High school diploma (GED) and a minimum of 2 years of construction/inspection experience on a wide variety of commercial and municipal projects is required.
- Prefer experience in rehabilitation construction and heavy/highway construction methods. Some familiarity with metal building construction methods would be a plus.
- Work Environment and Physical requirements: Frequently required to stand for extended periods of time as construction activity requires. Field work outdoors includes exposure to environmental elements such as humidity, dust, noise, and various temperatures. The use of personal protective equipment is required and provided by the company.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/VeteransAbout GMC
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.