Senior Water / Wastewater Engineer
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast, with offices located throughout Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Louisiana, South Carolina and Tennessee. Our projects touch on almost every aspect of the built environment from designing parks, schools and hospitals to providing clean water, safe streets and protecting endangered environments.
We place a high value on being part of our communities and giving back throughout the year by supporting various charities and local events. We encourage each team member to set personal goals, with guidance from a mentor, and then we provide support so they can be reached. We value employee feedback and use that to shape our annual strategic plans. We offer all of this and more because we are only as strong as our people. Our mission is to create opportunities for our people and the people we serve to create communities that thrive.
GMC is seeking a Senior Water/Wastewater Engineer to join our Nashville, TN team and provide support on water and wastewater infrastructure projects. This individual will serve as project manager and/or technical leader on municipal drinking and wastewater projects in Tennessee, Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leading multi-disciplinary teams to provide study, planning, design, construction administration, and start-up services to water/wastewater treatment utilities in Tennessee, as well as in Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina as needed.
- Developing necessary deliverables (engineering calculations, equipment sizing/selections, technical specifications, reports, cost estimates, schedules, reports, etc.) as required for each project.
- Employing appropriate design methods in all work to meet relevant standards.
- Managing projects with high-quality work and on-time / on-budget delivery to accomplish target profitability and satisfaction of clients.
- Coordinating with leadership on staffing and workload through entire project development.
- Conducting QA/QC of formal documents and ensuring accuracy of data, information, and calculations.
- Working directly with clients.
- Communicating with clients and team members with promptness, care, and attention to detail.
- Assisting in proposals, business development, and other marketing efforts as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering, or related Engineering discipline
- 15+ years of experience with municipal or industrial water/wastewater systems
- Local candidate or willingness to relocate to Nashville, TN
- PE registration in Tennessee (preferably also Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina)
- Substantial technical background and experience in water or wastewater treatment plant design
- Active engagement in professional and industry organizations
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Working knowledge of technical specifications
- Software knowledge: Microsoft Office, AutoCAD
- Master’s Degree in disciplines described above
- Experience in alternative project delivery methods
- 20+ years of experience with work described above
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.
Apply for this position