Transportation Design Engineer
Goodwyn, Mills & Cawood, LLC (GMC) is actively seeking a Transportation Design Engineer located in our Birmingham, Alabama office. At GMC, we are about Building Communities and we are committed to our team members and partners. With our team members, our work environment fosters personal growth, resourcefulness, and the ability to solve complex problems through experience, innovation and creativity.
The primary duty of the Transportation Design Engineer is to serve in a technical and design role on the various transportation engineering projects of Alabama Department of Transportation (ALDOT). The candidate should have experience with:
- Preparing detailed engineering design models for transportation projects of ALDOT and Alabama municipal governments.
- Project delivery for intersection improvement, multi-lane roadway, road widening and roundabout projects at a minimum. Project involvement will range from preliminary to final design and assistance through the construction phase.
- City, county and state highway design, preparation of concept alignments, geometrical layout, CAD base alignment plans.
- Coordination of survey, grading, drainage, bridge, utilities and layout of various site items.
- Performing project management duties that requires excellent task and time management skills.
- Interacting significantly with team members, clients, ALDOT and municipal government officials.
- Excellent oral, written and communication skills including strong technical writing.
- Ensuring design work is completed on time and within budget.
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering minimum
- AL PE preferred
- Minimum of 4 years of experience with:
- ALDOT transportation related projects
- MicroStation and InRoads programs, minimum
- Experience in Microsoft Office (Outlook Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Ability to prepare and maintain records, prepare reports, documents and correspondence related to the work.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Valid driver's license as occasional travel is required, often driving to project sites located outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
Compensation: Salary is based on qualifications and experience.
Goodwyn, Mills & Cawood, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran.
Goodwyn, Mills & Cawood, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. In compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law). We will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individual with a disability where appropriate.