Field Construction Inspector
Goodwyn, Mills & Cawood, LLC is actively seeking a Field Construction Inspector for our Huntsville, Alabama location.
Required skills set and responsibilities include:
- Ability to observe the progress and quality of construction projects
- Serves as Engineer’s liaison with contractor
- Reviews pay requests, submittals, field tests and attends progress meetings
- Conducts on-site observations of contractor’s work to assist in determining if the work is proceeding in accordance with contract documents
- Understands plans and specifications and the General Conditions of contracts
- Understands Regulatory requirements from agencies such as ADEM, ALDOT, Railroads, etc.
- Produces clear and concise records and daily reports in accordance with Company procedures
- Assists in coordination of work from engineers, surveyors, environmental personnel, technicians, etc.
- Heavy construction, electrical, mechanical, and installation knowledge preferred
- Acts as directed by and under supervision of the Engineer
- Will generally communicate with clients with the knowledge of and under the direction of Engineer
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills
- Interacts with clients, customers, officials, contractors and others
- Attends project meetings and presents specific aspects of engineering assignment
Experience: 5 years preferred but not required
Education: Minimum High School diploma
Licensure and Certification: ACI/ALDOT Concrete and Roadway HMA Pavement Tech preferred