Firm and Job Description:
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the region's largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms, with more than 400 employees. We are a regional firm with a national project portfolio located in 22 offices throughout the Southeastern United States. We believe in community, collaboration, using the power of creativity, and hard work to make a difference.
GMC places high value in being part of the communities that we serve. We encourage every team member to set professional goals and we provide guidance and mentorship to help you grow to reach them. We value employee feedback and use that to inform strategic planning efforts. We offer all of this and more along with competitive benefits. Our mission is to create opportunities for our team members and the people we serve in order to build communities that thrive.
GMC is seeking applicants to add motivated team members with landscape architectural experience to join our Augusta, GA team. New team members will have the opportunity to grow professionally and personally in working with many industry experts and clients across a range of project types, both public and private. Work experience in Augusta will focus primarily across Georgia, with opportunities in other parts of the south east.
- Communicate with clients, engineers and architects on landscape projects, both written and orally
- Prepare layered, visual representations of verbally described outdoor areas, present the images to clients and edit them to fit changes suggested by clients and regulatory workers
- Inspect project sites for structural and ground stability to ensure safety in final project, and make changes to the existing design as necessary
- Stay up to date on current practices and landscaping trends by engaging in continued research and education
- Put together planting schedules for clients to use after the project is done in order to maintain the style, beauty and health of the finished product
- Collaborate with local regulatory committees and legal organizations to understand laws about conservation, water use and public safety
- Follow up with clients after completion of a project to ensure satisfaction and maintain a future business contact
- Create drafts to update existing public spaces to be more environmentally and economically friendly
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture or Bachelor of Science in Landscape Architecture
- Internship with an organization in the same state
- Licensed through the Landscape Architect Registration Examination
- Experience maintaining and troubleshooting lawn equipment
- Able to use CAD software to design outdoor areas