Senior Project Manager- Engineering
GMC is looking for a Senior Project Manager with at least 12 years of experience to join our team in Nashville, Tennessee.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the firm’s values and standards for project delivery and client management.
- Expresses a keen understanding of the industry standards and the expectations of the client.
- Demonstrates the leadership required for effective team contributions to the firm’s success including contributions to firm standards and employee development.
- Capable of managing multiple complex multi-disciplined projects.
- Applies extensive diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Build client relationships and assist with specific client development using technical expertise.
- Sets / Develops project scopes, budgets and schedules and manage projects as assigned.
- Responsible for accuracy of technical aspects of projects.
- Solves complex and novel assignments requiring new or improved techniques or procedures.
- Executes cross discipline checks and coordination.
- Reviews complete project documents for conformity and quality assurance.
- Recognizes and reports risk management issues to Vice President and Legal Department as appropriate.
- Completes Project Closeout procedure.
- CLIENT AND CUSTOMER FOCUS
- Manage client satisfaction for assigned clients or projects.
- Develops projects from marketing and contract negotiation through development of scope and contract execution.
- Applies knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions during design and construction.
- Prepares proposals and supporting reports with staff to provide professional services or obtain funding for projects or programs.
- TEAM ORIENTATION
- Work across disciplines and office locations to fully utilize firm experiential knowledge.
- Help to coordinate complex design concepts into functional project based on the Project Manager’s design concept to that project team.
- Delegate project assignments to and assist with technical development of lesser experienced engineers.
- Team leader for preparation of contract documents, reports, amendments, change orders and project modifications as project progresses.
- COMPANY PERSPECTIVE
- Represent the firm in all aspects of projects and assignments to prospective employees, clients, and the communities we serve.
- Reinforce GMC standards and Core Values to others.
- Coordinate the work of assigned team members on multiple projects.
- Communicate with, reviews work and coordinates efforts of other project team members.
- Provides guidance relating to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts and policy matters; also receives direction on unusual conditions and developments.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Develops new techniques and/or improved processes, materials or products.
- Actively participate in GMC committees of personal interest.
- Responsible for financial goals, marketing plan and project/client development.
- Responsible for all aspects of project management- development, design, bidding, construction and closeout.
- Responsible for enforcement of project delivery standards including technical, procedural and Revit/CAD.
- Develops, approves and conducts professional training as requested.
- Encourage participation and remain proactive in the Personal Development Plan process and program.
- Hold membership in local professional society – holding office in technical/professional society preferred.
- Participate in community service activities and understand implications of involvement.
- Minimum of 12 years
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or associated area of construction
- Master’s, BCEE, PMP, LEED AP preferred
- Engaged in life-long learning to maintain knowledge associated with Architecture / Engineering contemporary issues
- LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
- Professional Engineer
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the region's largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms, with more than 400 employees. We are a regional firm with national experience located in 19 offices throughout the southeastern United States. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.