Survey Field Technician
GMC is seeking a full-time Field Tech to join our survey crew in Montgomery, Alabama.
- This person is responsible for assisting the Crew Chief in the operation of a field survey crew.
- The major objectives are the quality (accuracy, thoroughness, meeting regulatory requirements, and public relations) of work, safety, and maintenance of equipment.
- Must operate equipment, maintain safe work environment, protect and maintain the equipment and vehicles, accurately and efficiently collect field data and locate features.
- Some overnight travel may be required.
- Requires a lot of walking outside year round through all kinds of terrain and in extreme heat and cold.
- High school diploma or GED required
- No experience required
- Good work ethic, good technical skills; process oriented behavioral traits including being steady, helpful, a problem solver, likes structure.
- Must have a valid driver's license and an acceptable motor vehicle record.
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the region's largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms, with more than 400 employees. We are a regional firm with national experience located in 19 offices throughout the southeastern United States. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast's most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.