GMC is actively seeking a Project Surveyor to serve as a professional in responsible charge for executing and overseeing land surveys for projects in our Birmingham office. Candidates must have extensive knowledge in performing boundary, topographic, ALTA/NSPS land title surveys, subdivision platting and construction staking.
- A current Professional Land Surveyor license in the State of Alabama
- A minimum of six (6) years of land surveying experience.
- Technical experience and proficiencies with Robotic Total Stations, GPS and AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Execute assignments from survey and project managers
- Work with and lead support staff (office and field technicians)
- Collaborate with engineers and other design professionals
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the region's largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms, with more than 400 employees. We are a regional firm with national experience located in 19 offices throughout the southeastern United States. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.