Engineering Project Manager
Goodwyn Mills Cawood (GMC) is one of the largest privately-held architecture and engineering firms in the Southeast.
GMC is looking for an Engineering Project Manager with at least eight years of experience to join our team in Greenville, South Carolina.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of the firm’s values and standards for project delivery and client management.
- Expresses understanding of the industry standards and the expectations of the client.
- Demonstrates the skills required for effective team contributions to the firm’s success including contributions to firm standards and employee development.
- Applies extensive diversified knowledge of principles and practices in broad areas of assignments and related fields.
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD, Revit, GIS, and Microsoft Office Suite, with demonstrated skill application in each program.
- Assist with specific client development using technical expertise.
- Develops project scopes, budgets and schedules as assigned.
- Confirms accuracy of technical aspects of projects.
- Executes cross discipline checks and coordination.
- Completes project documents with conformity and quality assurance.
- Recognizes and reports risk management concerns to Senior Project Manager as appropriate.
- Completes Project Closeout procedure.
- CLIENT AND CUSTOMER FOCUS
- Manage client satisfaction for assigned clients or projects.
- Assist with the development of projects from marketing and contract negotiation through development of scope and contract execution.
- Applies knowledge and expertise acquired through progressive experience to resolve crucial issues and/or unique conditions.
- Prepares proposals and supporting reports to provide professional services or obtain funding for projects or programs.
- TEAM ORIENTATION
- Work across disciplines and office locations to fully utilize firm experiential knowledge.
- Help to incorporate complex design concepts into a functional project based on the Project Manager’s design concept to that project team.
- Delegate project assignments to and assist with technical development of lesser experienced engineers.
- Coordinates preparation of contract documents, reports, amendments, change orders and project modifications as project progresses.
- COMPANY PERSPECTIVE
- Represent the firm in all aspects of projects and assignments to prospective employees, clients, and the communities we serve.
- Reinforce GMC standards and Core Values to others.
- Coordinate the work of peer team members on multiple projects.
- Collaborate with sub-consultants and other project team members.
- Receives guidance relating to overall objectives, critical issues, new concepts and policy matters; also receives direction on unusual conditions and developments.
- CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Collaborates in development of new techniques and/or improved processes, materials or products.
- Actively participate in GMC committees of personal interest.
- Supports all aspects of project management - development, design, bidding, construction and closeout.
- Uphold project delivery standards including technical, procedural and CAD.
- Encourage participation and remain proactive in the Personal Development Plan process and program.
- Hold membership in local professional society.
- Participate in community service activities and understand implications of involvement.
- Minimum of 8 years
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering
- Engaged in life-long learning to maintain knowledge of technical and contemporary issues
- LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION
- Professional Engineer
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veterans
We believe in community, collaboration, and using the power of creativity and hard work to make a difference. Whether designing schools, parks, hospitals and other commercial developments, or providing clean water, safe streets and restoring resilient environments, GMC takes great pride in serving our communities through the transformative work we do. Every project is guided by the foundational concept that communities are built by people, not companies, and we strive to serve our communities with quality, integrity, creativity and care. One of the Southeast’s most comprehensive multi-disciplined firms, GMC is equipped to provide all of the services associated with architecture, interior design, civil engineering, environmental services, landscape architecture, planning, transportation engineering, geotechnical engineering, electrical engineering, surveying and disaster recovery.